Tech support - for Equine Eye owners
We get that technology can sometimes be frustrating. The answer to your troubles could be below, but if it's not we're here to help. Please email us via email@example.com or open a ticket and we'll get back to you within 24-hours (Monday to Friday).
How do I connect my camera?
We've created a step-by-step video to help you connect your camera to the custom app. Connecting the app to your camera takes seconds and is as easy as:
- Turn the camera on and wait for 20 seconds until you hear the words ‘welcome to use’
- Open the Equine Eye app
Please allow the app to access your location. This is necessary for it to link to your mobile.
- Press the + button at the bottom center of the screen to add the camera
- Select ‘click to configure’
- If your camera is turned on, the blue light should be flashing so click ‘next’
- To connect the camera to your mobile phone, select the bottom option as indicated
- You will be taken to your phone’s wifi settings. Select the ‘HOW-xx’ network and input password ‘168168168’. Your phone is now connected to the camera’s hotspot
- Go back into the app, and return to the ‘Connect your device’ screen
- Select ‘Lan Search’ at the bottom of the screen
- Select the ‘added’ button
- Your camera should now be live. You can make the video full screen, and adjust your settings as you desire.
Note: you will be asked to change your password for security reasons.
I've forgotten the password to my camera - what should I do?
If you've forgotten your password, you're going to need to reset your camera and select a new password. Resetting your camera is easy:
To change your password at any time, simply go into the settings and select ‘user setting’.
I've forgotten the hotspot password - what is it?
The password to connect to the HOWxxx network is 168168168.
Can I use my phone and internet at the same time as the camera?
This functionality varies from phone to phone, but on an iPhone with the latest iOS14 update, the app will ask you if you would like wifi enabled at the same time as using the camera connection. If you allow the wifi to remain active, then it will enable functions on your phone requiring internet connectivity (apps like maps) to continue in the background.
On android phones it depends on the model being used as to whether this functionality is enabled.
Does the camera use my phone WIFI?
No, the camera creates an independent connection to your phone, a bit like a hotspot. It's not using a mobile phone network or the internet but instead a 'local area connection' (LAN).
Why do you say 'up to' 8 hours battery life?
The battery life of the camera is stated as a range, as a range of factors impact battery life including the amount of activity the camera is processing (ie amount of movement), along with distance the camera is transmitting to your mobile phone, and even the temperature. The cameras have been tested to +8 hours in the best conditions.
I'm having connection issues - what should I do?
There are a number of really simple fixes to most connection issues. Please log a technical support ticket so that we can assist you. The most common issues include:
1. Not allowing the app to access the phone's location during set up, or not having location services turned on. As stated in the user guide, it is critical that the app can access your phone's location - the link is how the two devices communicate.
2. Not having the most up to date operating system installed on your phone. Please ensure both the phone's operating system is current, and the app you are using is the latest version.
3. Trying to use the camera in an gooseneck / truck or extended float. The camera is designed for use in as standard float and unfortunately cannot transmit through the infrastructure of a gooseneck or similar. For this type of set-up you will require a hardwired camera.
4. The wifi link reverting to a home network. Often people test their Equine Eye in their home, which means their phone may auto revert to the preferred network (home) rather than maintain the connection with the Equine Eye. Ask your phone to 'forget' your home network to solve this problem.
There are a range of other easy fix solutions to connection issues - please get in touch with us so that we can assist.
I need a warranty exchange, what's the process?
Equine Eye comes with a 12 month warranty. If you encounter any faults in your product, please get in touch with us so that we can arrange a warranty replacement. For warranty claims or requests for return / refund please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm not happy with my camera - what can I do?
Should you be experiencing technical difficulties, our support team would be pleased to assist you. There are a number of quick-fixes to common connection issues. A connection issue rarely means a camera is faulty, but is often the result in user error during the set up process. To log a support ticket, or for solutions to common problems, please visit our technical support page.
Should you be unhappy with your product, please contact us at so that we can assist you. Please do not send the product back to us without having contacted our team.